Spruce up your sandwich with this avocado hummus sandwich recipe! Provides a high-fiber, healthy fat, tasty, and filling lunch.
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread
- 1 avocado
- 3⁄8 cup hummus
- 8 slices tomato
- 2 handfuls cilantro, chopped
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 2 dashes hot sauce (optional)
- Grab your bread and lather one side with hummus. Slice up an avocado and put it on the other side.
- Add a few splashes of hot sauce onto the side with the avocado.
- Next, add thick tomato slices to the hummus, and lettuce & cilantro to the side with the avocado.
- Lastly, pop the two sides of the bread together and your sandwich is ready to eat!
Per serving: 1 sandwich Calories: 426 Fiber: 15g Protein: 17g