This chocolate banana ice cream recipe tastes like ice cream but is not ice cream at all! It’s as simple as four ingredients, bananas, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and optional chocolate chips. If dairy doesn’t set well with you but you love frozen desserts, this chocolate banana treat is a tasty alternative. Reach out to a registered dietitian nutritionist for help with your menu planning.
- 2 bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 Tbs cocoa powder
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- chocolate chips for topping
- Slice two bananas into coin size pieces and lay out on a cookie sheet.
- Freeze for several hours.
- Place all the frozen banana slices into a food processor and mix for a minute or until they start to resemble soft serve consistency.
- Add maple syrup and cocoa powder and whiz until mixed.
- Scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Serve immediately for soft serve or place in freezer for an hour for hard packed chocolate banana ice cream.
- Garnish with chocolate chips.
If you are vegan, this dairy-free recipe is a great choice. There are vegan friendly chocolate chips that you can try as garnish.
Are you a chocolate lover? Find dozens more chocolate recipes in the menu planning program. Organizing your menus is made simple and easy with this meal planner.