Chickpeas are SUPER versatile, and one popular way to eat chickpeas is roasted chickpeas! Chickpeas don’t have to be used for the typical hummus, but if you want a few hummus ideas, we have dessert hummus, avocado hummus, and cauliflower hummus recipes…ALL from our meal planner!
The nice thing about these roasted chickpeas is that they have a nice nutritional profile! They have a great balance of carbs, fiber, plant-based fats, and protein. It’s a great food to keep blood sugar balance and sustain daily energy. The fiber found may help digestion. The fiber can also help with weight management and keeping appetite under control. Read more about the benefits of chickpeas here!
Now, let’s get to the crispy, tasty roasted chickpeas recipe!
- 3 cups chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pinches salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Drain can of chickpeas and toss into a bowl.
- Mix chickpeas with oil and spread onto a baking sheet in a single
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until the chickpeas are light brown and hard.
Check every so often to ensure they do not burn.
- Remove from oven and toss with paprika and salt.
Nutrition information per serving (makes 6 servings)
Total Fat: 6.9g
Saturated Fat: 0.81g