Try this tasty turkey breast! Herbed and placed in the slow cooker. That aroma in the slow cooker will have you drooling! This recipe is part of our meal planning program.
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (4 lb.) whole turkey breast, bone-in with skin
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbs thyme, dried
- 1 Tbs sage, dried
- Slice onion.
- Whisk together salt and herbs.
- Rub the entire turkey breast with spice blend.
- Place onion in bottom of slow cooker and place the breast, skin side down, on top of onions.
- Add broth and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours [internal temperature should reach 165° F.
- Carefully remove turkey to a cutting board and tent with foil. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove skin and carve, drizzling with juices from pot just before serving.