Cherries are a SUPERFOOD! This cherry smoothie recipe is EXTRA super because it has even more superfoods than just cherries, including kale and chia seeds! Putting the spotlight on cherries, they are:
- protectors against and fighters of diabetes
- great for exercise recovery
- good for boosting mood
- able to improve sleep quality
- 1 cup milk (swap for almond milk if you’re vegan or do not drink cow’s milk)
- 2 Tbs chia seeds
- 1 cup kale
- 2 cup cherries
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs peanut butter
- Chop and measure ingredients.
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender for 60 seconds or until smooth. Enjoy from a cup or in a bowl with toppings.
ENJOY!!! Are you a smoothie fan? We’ve got tons more smoothie recipes along with this cherry smoothie recipe in our Meal Planning Program. Get shopping lists in seconds, nutrition information at the click of a button, and a simple calendar view of your meals!