Have You Noticed?
Teens hear many different voices. These voices can come from the media, friends, and family members who each play a role in influencing a teenager. Most teens don’t feel comfortable in their bodies, are unsure of what is truly “healthy”, and have misconstrued views on healthy nutrition.
As children & teens are still growing, this is a critical time to intervene before they go down a path that won’t benefit their future.
Nutrition for kids & teens is crucial, but happy mealtimes and getting your child to eat how you want them to eat can be tough. So this is where our child nutrition experts step in.
Tammy assisted me with helpful resources when shopping for gluten-free foods as my 4yo has Celiac. She assisted me when I would find natural nutrition support or ADHD support supplements online to add to my kid’s diets as I was unsure if she/they were getting enough especially my youngest, Tammy would take the time and research each one and gives me the pros and cons from a nutritionist perspective so I could make the best decision for my children. She’s been amazing to work with always willing to talk things through with me.Shelby
Let your Registered Dietitian Nutritionist help your child or teen adopt positive habits so they can grow strong, & gain a healthy relationship with food, and optimize nutrition habits to feel more energized & prevent disease.
- Are you a new parent, unsure how to navigate baby nutrition to help your baby grow, learn, and get healthy?
- Are you a parent or caregiver of a picky child?
- Does your teen worry about their weight or talk negatively about their body or do you notice disordered eating habits or signs in your teen?
- Does your family have a history of heart disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, or cancer? Or does your child have a medical condition that requires nutritional changes?
- Is your child or teen involved in sports?
If you answered YES, we will provide a unique nutritional assessment, going through medical history, concerns, and create an individualized plan that works. During a session, we can provide the tools to help children with:
- Failure to thrive
- Baby-led weaning, breastfeeding, and feeding baby
- Food acceptance
- Picky eating
- Selecting nutritious foods
- Adopting a healthy relationship with food
- Teen sports
A balanced nutrition plan and positive language around food support pediatric health.
Main Line Nutrition has a realistic approach to child nutrition that makes the process enjoyable and will help your child to grow with happy but also healthy memories around food. We believe in simple and small changes that will make the biggest difference in your life.
While we meet, we can help you and your child or teen work together to:
- Be more accepting of foods, including the transition to solid foods
- Get adequate nutrients for healthy growth
- Plan and prep meals
- Navigate nutrition for children getting started in sports, with allergies, or intolerances
- Identify possible supplements needed
- Manage weight and prevent disease
What can an RDN do for your Child or Teen?
Our trained experts will work with you to create realistic and customized goals because we want to ensure long-lasting results. We use small changes, focusing on the why and how so that helping your child happens naturally.
We will educate you on a lifestyle that is sustainable for your child with selective eating, negative behaviors, or comorbidities. Recommendations will be given for energy, protein, and other requirements. You might learn how to meal plan. You’ll learn how to design and live that new lifestyle, using the latest research.
Throughout the sessions, our pediatric nutritionist and dietitian expert will:
- Assess and evaluate dietary intake and health status, determining where potential nutrient deficiencies may exist.
- Identify if there is adequate energy/calorie intake to support growth and development.
- Educate on serving size and food group recommendations for your child’s age and specific situation.
- Assist with the implementation of doctor-recommended dietary interventions.
- Provide tips on increasing food acceptance and quality of nutrition.
- Promote positive body image and behaviors around food/drink.
Nutrition is not one size fits all! Our experts evaluate and assess diet, health, and nutritional concerns on an individual level using the most current evidence-based research. In addition, they are mindful of the unique health concerns that may be present in children. Let our nutrition experts create a customized plan to help improve your child’s overall nutrition in a way that works for your family.
Meet Our Pediatric Nutrition Experts!
How To Get Started?
We have several options to get started with one of our RDN-Nutrition Experts. We offer telephonic and video counseling sessions. Check out the online scheduler today! Learn more by scheduling a free discovery call. Or you can call our central scheduler at 484-872-2909.
Pick How You Want To Meet
Meet your dietitian from anywhere there is a connection from any device. Our HIPAA compliant software lets you enjoy the flexibility but keeping the in-person feel. There is no software to download and it’s easy to use. We are available in most states for virtual one-on-one.
Most insurance companies will provide benefits for nutrition counseling, often times the coverage is at 100%. We suggest that if you want insurance to cover, you check your insurance coverage before setting an appointment.
Self Pay Rate
We have several different program durations for you to select from. Choose which one fits your needs. Almost all patients find success in meeting consistently to get the support and the results that they need. You can start with a consultation for $150 prior to purchasing a program. The consultation fee can be applied to one of the programs found on our scheduler page. If you feel you would like to meet weekly with your dietitian for we can design a discounted program for you. Just inquire during your consultation.
Did you know that a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) is an expert in the nutrition field